Monday, October 13, 2008

Raising my Voice

Finally! I'd been writing and rewriting . . . and rehearsing and rehearsing . . . and finally the day arrived.

Last night was the premiere of my solo show, "Raising my Voice."

What a wonderful experience! The Found Theatre and host Laura Bosworth were amazing. I arrived to find Laura putting the title of my show on the marquee. Then I noticed the large posters advertising my show displayed in four places on the building! I felt like a star!

The show was well received I got many lovely comments from audience members. I was especially touched by the comments from those who came because the show sounded interesting, not because they already knew me or my work.

I can't wait to do this show again! I'd really love to perform this for women's groups or retreats. I'd also love to do a several weekend run at a small theatre. Guess I'd better get out there and do some marketing!

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Congratulations! Wish I could have been there. I'll look forward to seeing the show at one of the ecore presentations in the future.